KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:45 PM

FO Debutante - Simplicity 2594



So I have been struggling with my sewing projects lately. I have had two heartbreaking (dramatic I know)mishaps with recent projects. It was using the same, gorgeous, yet uncooperative fabric, so I am forced to try to still make it work or face not having a top out of this "I'm in total love" fabric....any who - after a lot of struggling, I was able to finish my 3rd PR Contest Challenge top using Simplicity 2594. I don't want to go into the fact that Simplicity patterns are NEVER what they say...simple. Well, at least for me. I know that several PR reviews on this pattern raved about the clarity of this pattern. I promise I am reading them, just not with anything resembling an understanding. Similar to my recent high-waist pants, I just ended up winging it for myself.



I purchased this 1.5 yards of Debutante Stretch Satin Fabric in Chartreuse Green from Fabric.com for $14.97 total. This is actually more pricey than I usually go, but back in March I was trying out stretch fabrics and went up in price a bit. The fabric is pretty neat. Since I am use to going with prints, this helps compensate as I can't use too many prints that will match for the wardrobe challenge.

This leaves me with two more shirts and three bottoms to go before month's end. As long as I complete my Vogue skirt before the week's end, I will be on track to finish for the contest.

13 comments:

Phoebe said...

I LOVE this and the color is to die for!

gwensews said...

You're moving along, even with bumps in the road. That's a cute top. Sew on!

Gail said...

We all have mishaps! This top is great on you. Your lucky to be able to wear very bright colours.

Hilary said...

Ok, so I know I say all the time that I love the clothes you sew, but this one I really REALLY love. The color, the fit, the style...all fantastic. I hope you wear this one all the time, because you should!

KID, MD said...

Really beautiful! The color and sheen are stunning on you.

mle said...

SUPER cute!!! It looks so good on you!

Monique said...

Boy do I know what you mean about heartbreaking mishaps! We've all been there. We start off so hopeful and excited and then... I'm glad you perservered because the outcome looks great!!

Aminat said...

I love this color on you, so perfect, and the style is lovely too. Way to go girl

Angela said...

Cute top! The color is fabulous on you!

Team Knit said...

love that top!! So pretty.

- Julie

Rima said...

Super cute and great color!

Rima
www.yarnydays.com

Andrea said...

Love it. I have this pattern in my stash. I think I'll be working it up for this Spring.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Great color and you look so slim!